Volunteer Program in Vilcabamba, Ecuador
Welcome to Ecovillage Chambalabamba! an area of community experience in development. You can spend
time participating in the Volunteer's Program which includes organic gardening, agroforestry
implementation, biodynamics, natural construction, art workshops, creative projects, alternative school,
carpentry, vegetarian cuisine, etc. You could also experience the dynamic organization of this living
experiment, in which we are creating a caring and sustainable culture. Living with each other, we cooperate
and share resources so that we can live more lightly and joyfully on earth.
We are currently under construction and development of homes, veggie gardens, medicinal gardens, and educational projects, where daily work with physical effort is required, but there is also the chance to get involved in intellectual and spiritual work. Here you will find a balance for a fulfilling life.
It is very important that the volunteer has a sense of community and the desire to live, even temporarily,
within those parameters.
In Chambalabamba, we are open to new volunteers, and people who wish to live here, with an artistic spirit, who are creative, passionate, builders, carpenters, gardeners, horticulturists, people with commitment and perseverance in the purposes we undertake communally, people of noble heart willing to live a dream of alternative life.
To be a volunteer it is necessary to stay at least one month. But first there is a 2 day trial period, staying within the community ($5 per night). Then if everything flows harmoniously for you and the community, you can stay as a volunteer.
After the first month, if you wish to continue as a volunteer, we will see if there is space and if the community agrees you can stay. The cost is $20 per week plus $10 deposit that is returned at the end of volunteering having met the minimum of one month and delivering the sheets and blankets clean and in good condition.
We have a community lunch from Monday to Friday. Flour, oatmeal and panela is available to use in your other meals. We ask for a lot of attention and commitment with the order and cleanliness of the spaces.
In consideration of our volunteer program, please confirm your date of arrival and departure. It is necessary to reconfirm your arrival about a week before your arrival. If we don’t receive confirmation, your place will be made available to other possible volunteers.
As volunteer, you will have access to:
- 1 – Excellent quality of life in a natural setting, surrounded by clear water and a tropical climate, one of the best in the world.
- 2 – Delicious vegetarian lunch from Monday to Friday. Oats, panela (a type of brown sugar) and whole wheat flour is provided for you to prepare your meals anytime.
- 3- Internet access throughout the land.
- 4 – Free participation in our workshops and creative research.
- 5 – Washing machine.
- 6 – Hot water shower.
- 7 – Stage with sound equipment.
- 8 – Volunteer house with a small lounge area and with 7 sleeping spaces, including 2 beds for couples. Tent camping also available.
- 9 – Beautiful swimming pond and many accesses to River Chamba.
- 10 – In case of a family with children, they can participate in our alternative school.
- 11 – Harvesting food from the land, with a conscious mind.
Please fill out this form if you wish to participate in our volunteer program. We will respond as soon as possible. (It’s a good idea to save a copy of your answers to bring with you as an introduction.)
We are open from Monday to Friday to receive visitors. Visitors may join us for lunch around 1:30 for a small donation. If you would like a tour after lunch, please let us know in advance. If you are coming in a group for lunch, please tell us how many so we can prepare enough food.